Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Project

I've gone for quite some time without having a proper instrument that I play. I've played the alto sax and the bassoon in the past but I don't have either one in my current apartment and there is something about them that just doesn't seem that social, and they aren't exactly the types of things that people would have laying around their homes in case you want to play. I have also been dying to do more singing, so the logical thing was to get a guitar. In this case I ended up taking an old acoustic on permanent loan from my dad. I threw some new strings on the beat up thing and messed around with it a bit but wasn't getting far.
With the weather getting nicer and living so close to Cambridge I thought of an interesting way of motivating myself, become a street performer.
Now nobody would appreciate someone practicing scales and messing up chords while they are trying to enjoy a lovely day so I'm giving myself a little prep time and that's where the 30 days come in. I have guitar, just picked up my street performers permit and I have my voice in good enough working shape. I'm giving myself 30 days to learn guitar and then success or not I'm hitting the streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment