Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Somehow it's been four days

I'm four days into this and I still don't have everything laid out. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do before I started but I don't have lesson plans or daily projects to get through yet. I have picked up my guitar every day so far which in a small way is a big step. A big problem is that I haven't been doing chords yet, just tuning and scales.
This brings me to the next couple of projects to work on.
Songs. I need to pick out a couple of songs to have learned by the end of this project. Ideally they will be simple folk style songs that are rather upbeat and easy for me too sing along to, a couple of country songs would be fine too. I'm looking at songs by John Denver, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Mark Lanegan (and Isobel Campbell), James Taylor.
Lessons. I need to take the time to go through some of the online lessons available through youtube and other sources and figure out what is available.
Chords. I need to decide one some key chords and get some good practice in. It would be best if these are ones that are commonly used in the songs that I am planning on playing.
On that note I'm going to take a quick look at So Long Maryanne

No comments:

Post a Comment